Thursday, May 8, 2008

Well at least I did 2 good things today!

I may have had a sundae of coffee ice cream with caramel syrup; got into a tiff with my grandma; not unpacked as much as I should have, BUT at least I did 2 good things. I brewed up some white tea. I like to make iced white tea. I heat up some agua in my micro and brew the stuff, add some sweetener and then load it up with ice cubes. It is super yummy and supposedly quite healthful. Here are some white tea facts:

White tea is made of leaves and buds that are "less processed" than other types of tea. In fact I read on some sites that it is only dried in the sunlight and not fermented like with black tea. Health benefits of white tea are greater than any other type. Rich in antioxidants, white tea has proven greater cancer-fighting ability than even green tea. White teas are known to boost the immune system, helping to fight viruses and infection-causing bacteria. Studies have also shown that fluoride-rich white teas help prevent tooth decay. Woot! Definitely didn't know about the flouride thang. I stopped smoking a long time ago, but anything anti-cancer is pro-me!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Abdul-Quddus said...

Oooh makes me wanna go out and buy some white tea. I think I will lol. That ice cream sundae sounds fab. Hope things are worked out with grandma.

May 8, 2008 at 9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did not know all of those facts about white tea - thanks for sharing because I love tea of all kinds :)

May 8, 2008 at 9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great info where do you find white tea btw?
mary
hoganfe handbags

May 8, 2008 at 4:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i love tea....and getting things done!

May 8, 2008 at 4:49 PM  
Blogger Smashgirl said...

Sounds delicious! I've never tried white tea but I think now I will!

May 8, 2008 at 9:06 PM  
Blogger Fate and Shayna - because one name is never enough said...

The type I've been using is by Salada and I bought it at my local grocery store, I think Shaws. There are deffo stores online you can find it and probably on Etsy!

May 9, 2008 at 3:27 PM  
Blogger AuntDsHandcrafts said...

I want some tea now:)

May 9, 2008 at 7:14 PM  
Blogger Simply Sweets said...

hey girly, havn't talk to you in a few.....busy busy here with son's graduation. have a good one.

May 14, 2008 at 8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home